Read the following books / texts and write one paragraph for each book describing something you learned from it. Write your commentary as if it were to be given as a spiritual teaching in a yoga class you would teach. The purpose of the exercise is to see that you have read the book and reflected on it. Do not use direct quotations from the book or from any other source, except at most a very brief phrase if absolutely necessary to make your point.
- Jivamukti Yoga by Sharon Gannon and David Life (buy online)
- Yoga and Vegetarianism by Sharon Gannon (buy online)
- The Journey Home: Autobiography of an American Swami by Radhanath Swami (buy online) OR Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda (buy online) (either one)
- The Magic Ten and Beyond by Sharon Gannon (buy online)
- Focus of the Month (choose one from the current calendar year or the immediately preceding calendar year; to be found here ).
Spiritual Commentary guideline:
- Length: one paragraph, no longer than 500 words.
- Font: Arial or Times New Roman, 10 point, single-spaced, not bolded.
- Title: Print the title of the book immediately above your paragraph commentary for that book.
- Language: Write all commentaries either in german or in english language.
- Form: Put ALL commentaries one after the other on one single page. If your texts extend 1 page, use max. 2 pages.
- Name: Include your name on the top of the page, or if using two pages then on the top of each page.
- Filename: use “jytt_year(of TT)_country(of TT)_surname_firstname” as filename (e.g. “jytt_2019_india_doe_john”)
- Please retain a copy for your own records.
Spiritual Commentaries need to be submitted at least 2 days before the Training via E-Mail to [email protected]