Introductory courseThe IMMERSIONS
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
What is a Jivamukti Immersion™?
The Immersion is offered as a weekend course as well as a 5-day course and can be presented as both an overnight residential experience where room and meals are included or offered as a day-time experience which starts in the morning, breaks for lunch and concludes in the early evening, when students go home for dinner and sleep and come back the next morning.
How long is the immersion?
What is the purpose of a Jivamukti Immersion™?
Because of the world-wide popularity of Jivamukti Yoga, Immersions attract students from all over the world, enabling you to meet new friends from many diverse places, building stronger yoga communities locally and globally.
“Jivamukti Yoga is a practice which transforms the individual by means of spiritual activation. Through its practices we can as members of a greater, world-wide community dismantle this present culture and begin to build a new way of life—where peace, love and harmony among all beings forms the foundation. We don’t have time to wait for enlightenment, alone in isolated caves or yoga bubbles—now is the time to become spiritually activated so that we can see what we have known in our hearts all along—that what we do to the world we ultimately do to ourselves.”—Sharon Gannon
Who attends Jivamukti Immersions™?
* Anyone who already practices the method and seeks a residential immersion experience
* Anyone who might be interested in taking the Jivamukti Teacher Training Course, but would like to experience a more relaxed “sample-taste” first before committing to the month-long course
* Anyone who wants to meet other yogis and yoginis from many parts of the globe
* Alumni from previous Jivamukti Teacher Trainings who want to experience a reunion with other teachers
* Yoga teachers from other disciplines and styles who wish to expand their experiential knowledge of other forms of yoga and gain continuing education credits
What are the benefits of a Jivamukti Immersion™ to someone who is already a yoga teacher?
* Enhance teaching skills
* Learn how to become a spiritual activist
* Develop an energetic understanding of alignment and yoga assists
* Deepen the understanding of yoga scripture and how to incorporate the teachings into yoga classes and everyday life
* Learn how to become a more effective communicator
* Re-invigorate and re-energize an asana/meditation practice
* Note to certified Jivamukti Teachers:
The 75hr Teacher training
The Jivamukti Yoga® 75-Hour Teacher Training will provide you with a blueprint for incorporating the physical, psychological, spiritual and mystical aspects of yoga into modern life, without losing sight of the universal goal of the practice: liberation.
THE 300HR TEACHER TRAINING
The Jivamukti Yoga® 300-Hour Teacher Training is a month-long residential program held at different locations around the world.This rigorous program thaught by senior Jivamukti Yoga® teachers is considered to be the most comprehensive yoga teacher training available
500HR JTAP APPRENTICESHIP
The Jivamukti Teacher Apprenticeship Program is a mentored curriculum augmented by mentored teaching, practice, self-study and additional workshops, combining for a total of 500-plus hours of training.
ADVANCED BOARD EXAM
Successful completion of the Board Exam qualifies one as an “Advanced Certified Jivamukti Yoga® Teacher”.