Comprehensive certificationThe 300hr teacher training
THE JIVAMUKTI YOGA® 300-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING IS A MONTH-LONG RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM HELD AT DIFFERENT LOCATIONS AROUND THE WORLD.
The Jivamukti Yoga® Teacher Training will provide you with a blueprint for incorporating the physical, psychological, spiritual and mystical aspects of yoga into modern life, without losing sight of the universal goal of the practice: liberation. Jivamukti Yoga’s® focus on a non-dualistic view of life (the interconnectedness of all) awakens in the practitioner not only the need to protect the environment and all the animals and plants that share the planet with us, but also teaches skills to confidently achieve those goals for oneself as well as lead others to live in harmony with the planet.
WHY GET A 300 HOUR TRAINING?
Emphasizing interconnectedness and a non-dualistic view of life, this practice awakens within us a need to protect the planet and all life on Earth. Participants gain the skills to confidently achieve those goals for themselves, as well as the ability to teach others how to live in harmony.
WHY JIVAMUKTI YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
- Asana: You will be immersed in a daily practice as well as practical sessions which focus on standing poses, forward bends, twists, backbends, inversions and balances, including in depth exploration of vinyasa, sequencing and alignment
- How to give hands on assists to students while they are practicing asanas
- Sanskrit language immersion—you will learn to recite, read and write the Sanskrit alphabet as well as an exploration into the major yogic texts: The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, The Bhagavad Gita and The Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Meditation: You will learn to meditate and practice meditation twice a day as well as learn how to teach meditation to others
- How to practice and teach healing, purifying, and detoxifying hatha yoga kriyas
- The importance of a vegan diet in regards to human health, sustaining the eco-system, reducing violence in the world and as a means to enlightenment
Physical and energetic anatomy of the human bodyPhilosophy, ethics and activism: how to live a more effective and positive life
- Practice teaching: at the end of this training you will have the skill to begin teaching yoga classes right away
- The Jivamukti Yoga Teacher Training focuses not only on the physical postures, but also on how the postures evolved. We explore yoga’s ancient sacred texts and five-thousand-year-old traditions, as well as the
- psychotherapeutic benefits that develop with a steady practice, and the spiritual power that is set free when energy flows throughout the heart, body, and mind.
The Jivamukti Yoga Teacher Training tuition fee for the 28 day residential program is $6550, plus accommodations. Accommodation costs vary depending on room type selected at the venue. Those total costs include full room & board (3 vegan meals per day). Limited spots available. Book early! See the fold out menus below for information on specific costs of each Teacher Training. Please note early bird pricing cannot be combined with 75hr TT Offset Credit.
The tuition for the 300hr Online Jivamukti Yoga Teacher Training is $4000.
ACCOMMODATIONS/ COST OF ITALY 2021
Rooms, with private or shared bathroom are located within the large estate in the ancient manor house, in three different apartments and in a central building with porch completed in July 2011 that overlooks the ancient villa.
Early Bird until December 1, 2020:
€8,000 – Triple with en suite bathroom
€8,300 – Double with shared bathroom
After Dec 1, 2020
€10,500 – Single with en suite bathroom
€ 8,900 – Double with en suite bathroom
€ 8,600 – Double with Shared Bathroom
€ 8,300 – Triple with En Suite Bathroom
Please note early bird pricing cannot be combined with 75hr TT Offset Credit.
CONTENT OF THE 300 HOUR JIVAMUKTI YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Learn to teach 2 full Jivamukti Yoga® class sequences (practice and memorization), kriyas, teaching and practicing meditation and chanting, teaching basics, and teaching mixed level classes (the “open class”).
Basic Sanskrit – 16 hours
Learn the Sanskrit alphabet in Devanagari script. You will be able to read and pronounce Sanskrit words, as well as some grammar, and you will explore the role of Sanskrit in a yoga practice.
Teaching Methodology – 38 hours
The Jivamukti Yoga ®reg; teaching method; the 5 tenets of Jivamukti Yoga® and the 14 requirements of Jivamukti Yoga® open classes; adjustments and assists for standing poses, forward bends, twists, backbends, inversions, and balances; the art of sequencing, energetics of assists and vinyasa krama; ethics of teaching yoga, including the types of teachers and students; teaching Jivamukti Yoga ®reg; sequences.
Anatomy and Physiology – 12 hours
Anatomy and physiology: basics of skeletal, muscular, respiratory, nervous and cardiovascular systems; injury and recovery; esoteric anatomy, including chakras, nadis, prana, granthi, and bandha.
Scripture, Philosophy, Ethics, & Lifestyle – 23 hours
Includes basic philosophy, Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita, Hathayogapradipika, Karma, 7 Bhumikas.
Group Practicum – 12 hours
Includes class observation and transcriptions focusing on adjustment, sequencing, theme, and music.
Small Group Peer Review and Practicum -17 hours
These are classes that you teach in a small group setting to hone your skills. Includes student teaching as well as observing and assisting in classes taught by others, oral presentation skills.
Satsang – 59 hours
Satsang combines many of the subjects of the course, including chanting, meditation, japa and mantra, nada yoga and music, community responsibility, ahimsa, vegetarianism, philosophy and practical skills for conducting satsang. Course quizzes, including a midterm and final test, are conducted as part of the satsang.
Pranayama principles and practice – 5 hours
This includes the principles and theory of pranayama, practical training in samavritti and visamavritti pranayama, including teaching methods.
Daily Homework – 20 hours
Each day includes a homework quiz to be completed and checked by the student’s mentor.
Prerequisite Spiritual Commentaries – 64 hours
Prior to attendance, books must be read and a reports must be written on some of them. See prerequisites page for more info.