300HR Teacher TrainingPREREQUISITES
Know faqs and prerequisites for our 300HR TT
OVERVIEW: PREREQUISITES BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Establish a regular asana practice.
- Submit full payment.
- Complete all required forms within your online application. (including Ethical Guidelines form, Teacher Certification Agreement and Medical Information Form)
- Complete the required reading. (see READ sections)
- Submit 5 Spiritual Commentaries. (see READ + WRITE section)
- Memorize the Jivamukti Balancing Class (vol.6) and the Jivamukti Back Bending class (vol.7), accessed to stream, buy, or rent on the Jivamukti Digital Platform. Transcribe these classes and send them to [email protected] two days before your TT start date with your Spiritual Commentaries.
- Bring the books Jivamukti Yoga, Yoga Assists and The Magic Ten and Beyond with you to the course; (available in ebook and on Kindle) you do not need to bring the other books. If English is not your native language, you may want to consider buying and bringing/downloading a basic anatomy text in your native language.
- Prepare yourself for the course as if you are preparing to teach Jivamukti Yoga – even if you are not intending on teaching and are taking the course as a means to deepen your practice and understanding. This is a teacher training –it is not a yoga “retreat.”
READ + WRITE
Read the following books / texts and write one paragraph for each book describing something you learned from it. Write your commentary as if it were to be given as a spiritual teaching in a yoga class you would teach. The purpose of the exercise is to see that you have read the book and reflected on it. Do not use direct quotations from the book or from any other source, except at most a very brief phrase if absolutely necessary to make your point.
- Jivamukti Yoga by Sharon Gannon and David Life (buy online)
- Yoga and Veganism by Sharon Gannon
- The Journey Home: Autobiography of an American Swami by Radhanath Swami or Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda (either one)
- The Magic Ten and Beyond by Sharon Gannon (buy online)
- Focus of the Month (choose one from the current calendar year or the immediately preceding calendar year; to be found here).
Spiritual Commentary guideline
- Length: one paragraph, no longer than 500 words.
- Font: Arial or Times New Roman, 10 point, single-spaced, not bolded.
- Title: Print the title of the book immediately above your paragraph commentary for that book.
- Language: Write all commentaries either in german or in english language.
- Form: Put ALL commentaries one after the other on one single page. If your texts extend 1 page, use max. 2 pages.
- Name: Include your name on the top of the page, or if using two pages then on the top of each page.
- Filename: use “jytt_year(of TT)_country(of TT)_surname_firstname” as filename (e.g. “jytt_2019_india_doe_john”)
- Please retain a copy for your own records.
Spiritual Commentaries need to be submitted at least 2 days before the Training via E-Mail to [email protected].
Class 6 & Class 7
Memorize the Jivamukti Balancing Class (vol.6) and the Jivamukti Back Bending class (vol.7), accessed to stream, buy, or rent on the Jivamukti Digital Platform. Transcribe these classes and send the transcriptions to [email protected] two days before your TT start date along with your Spiritual Commentaries.
READ ONLY (NO COMMENTARIES)
Read the following books. For these books, you do not need to hand in a spiritual commentary.
- Yoga Assists by Sharon Gannon and David Life (buy online)
- Textbook of Yoga Psychology (Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra) by Ramamurti Mishra. Also acceptable: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda or George Feurstein or any reputable translation (in your own language)
- Hathayoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
- The Bhagavad Gita by Winthrop Sargeant. Also acceptable: The Living Gita by Swami Satchidananda, or any reputable translation (in your own language)
Besides all the above listed prerequisites, the points of the following list are highly recommended:
- Read Simple Recipes for Joy by Sharon Gannon
- Practice the Portable Jivamukti – 8 Classes by Sharon Gannon and David Life